2019 is all about striving less for perfection and more for forgiveness, awareness, and growth. That is why within Hopelessly Devoted this year we are doing a year of self love.
What is it you ask?
Excellent question. Every week on Tuesday, I will post a challenge for the week. It’s designed to help you love, care and appreciate yourself more. Because we all know that if you are drained physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually, everyone around you will feel it.
The beauty of this challenge is that you are not allowed to beat yourself up if you don’t get it right (or if you don’t do it at all). The point is to acknowledge small ways in our life we can treat ourselves better.
- Write a love letter to yourself expressing all the things you are grateful, proud, and hopeful about. Start hear and set that letter aside. We will revisit it at the end of the year.
- Send an online Shopping budget (you decide how big or how small) and treat yourself to something you’ve put in that Amazon wish list.
- Carve out some time to give yourself a facial. In need of one for free? Send me an email and I will pop my favorite in the mail to you.
- Start a Gratitude journal. 5 things per day will do wonders to lift your spirits.
- Try Meditation.
- Treat yourself to a bubble bath. Wine, candles and a good book completely optional but always preferred.
- Start a new book…of course you will need to find the perfect blanket and cozy socks to wear for this endeavor.
- Give yourself or your partner a massage.
- Find one of your favorite old photos and display it on your desk or somewhere prominent in your home.
- Try Yoga.
- Get an adult coloring book and zone out for a bit.
- Pick a room, closet or space and do some Spring cleaning. Donate or toss those things you don’t want cluttering up your life.
- Meet up with a friend for coffee, drinks or dinner. Feeling ambitious? Host a party!
- Buy some flowers for yourself.
- Practice (or Learn) to Say No.
- Start planning a trip by yourself.
- Write down 5 of your greatest accomplishments.
- Treat yourself to a pedicure or manicure.
- Take some time and treat yourself to a facial.
- Unplug from your electronics and spend an hour walking in nature.
- Pick your favorite exercise routine and try it out in the morning.
- Try a new hairdo or freshen up your makeup.
- Change your space, change your perspective.
- Put on your favorite song and blast it in the car.
- Drink more water.
- Don’t eat at your desk this week. Take your full lunch break and unplug.
- Call someone you love on the phone.
- Try out a new healthy meal.
- Treat yourself to the movies (by yourself).
- Release some feel-good chemicals in your brain. Find a way to make yourself laugh.
- Write down the compliments your receive. Every. Single. One.
- Put on your favorite song and dance like no one is watching!
- Unfollow or mute any negative social media accounts you may be following. Let’s shift our focus to the positive.
- Moisturize that skin!